Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

firewall router

• Please log in to reply

chiefterra

chiefterra

• Pip
  • 4 posts
What is a good brand or product for a firewall/router for me to install on my pc -dsl connection ? :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but much depends on future places...will you be using wireless in the future? Will you ever need to run a server (even game server) from a single machine? How much are you willing to spend?

Do you really want a firewall or are you looking for a router that provides some basic firewall functions due to Network Address Translation? A firewall is a more ambitious beast.

If you're looking for basic, I've always preferred Linksys and SMC to Netgear and Dlink, but there are literally dozens of other less well known ones, including companies like Buffalo