Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XP Auto updates won't install

• Please log in to reply

Swagman

Swagman

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Auto updates is switched on and all updates have installed with no problem. There is one update however which won't install - I get a message to say "the following update was unable to be successfully installed" and then a rerference to "Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem" . No drama but the update icon now sits in the system tray prompting me to install this update but when I allow the update to install it won't install. Can I get rid of this update somehow?

Thanks in advance

Swaggy

Advertisements

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
You don't have to get rid of the update. Try to get the update from microsofts website go to the update tab and then let them find that update for you. I don't know if it will work but it is something you could try.

hope it works.

Swagman

Swagman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I don't know how or why but looking for updates manually did the trick SAAB. Thanks.

Swaggy

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Ok man, glad it worked out for you ;)

keep it up :tazz: