Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Driver help for AWLH4130

• Please log in to reply

Aukake

Aukake

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
I am going to buy a new computer tomorrow Cant seem to find the cd for my wireless PCI card. I have a AWLH4130 PCI adapter. Only one i saw on Airlink was one from march 07. Not sure how that will work with Windows 7, but i heard you can set you comp in vista/xp mode or something and install it or do it manually. Figured i just ask here, but i do it tomorrow.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Windows 7 is essentially the same as Windows Vista and as such most Vista drivers will work just fine
without having to follow any different procedure to install.

For those Vista drivers that won't play nicely with Windows 7, all is not necessarily lost.

Go here:
http://www.techspot....y-using-vistas/

And as a last resort, you'll have to buy a new wireless card in a retail box which will almost certainly include a Windows 7 driver (read what it says on the box before purchase). Wireless cards are so cheap I wouldn't sweat trying to get an old one to work with a new OS.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 12 January 2010 - 08:05 AM.