Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting So Annoyed - Online Videos Loading Only Partially and Stopping

• Please log in to reply

CCSaar

CCSaar

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Any online video: YouTube, news websites, Hulu, anything. The videos will load anywhere between ten seconds and one minutes in, and then just stop. When I'm watching the video and it gets to that point, the video freezes, as if it's trying to buffer more, but it doesn't.

I run Windows XP on my Dell XPS M140 laptop. My main browser is the lastest dev build of Google Chrome, though this problems occurs in my versions of IE and FireFox, as well, so I don't think it is a problem inherent in the browser.

I've tried reinstalling Adobe Flash and I've tried downgrading to different versions of it. One person told me to find "C:\Documents and Settings\[your windows account name]\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player" and delete my cookies, but it doesn't seem like I even have that folded. I've even tried Restoring my computer a few weeks back--nothing works!!

Any help is greatly, greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Have you defragmented the 'C' drive lately? If not, do it now as it may help:

Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> Disk Defragmenter

CCSaar

CCSaar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Have you defragmented the 'C' drive lately?

I regularly defragment. I did it again just now, and still the problem persists.