Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE & FF crash @ startup, can't start spybot or install malware

• Please log in to reply

Iconz

Iconz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
all of a sudden this problem started on my computer and i can't seem to find out what it is. Both IE and FF give me errors on startup. If i move the error screen(send error report) then i can use ff in the meanwhile till i click the button.
About every minute or so i get an IE error. I tried reinstall on both and registry cleaner and even made new windows acct and still.... On top of that i can't open spybot....it just sits there and does nothing even though the process is running. I also tried to install malwarebytes anti malware but the install file wouldn't open. Antivirus hasn't picked up anything plus turned the firewalls off. Most other applications seem to work fine though.

windows xp sp3, ff 3.5, ie 8

Advertisements