Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Officejet J6480 Installation Problrm

• Please log in to reply

BobMc

BobMc

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My 6480 is installed as a shared network printer but I want to be able to scan from it so I attempted to install the full feature software (OJJ6400_Full_10.exe) that I downloaded from the HP support site. After it unpacks and gets to the point where I start installation, all the text appears in a strange language (maybe Japanese or Hebrew) and I'm unable to proceed.

In the control panel all the setting for my printer are in English. I have uninstalled all languages other than English from my computer but the problem still persists.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
The 'wrong language' problem (if that's what it is) is in the software you downloaded, not the language your PC and printer are set up for. You need to contact HP and tell them what happens when you try to install it.

Or it may be a corrupted download (it does happen) so you might want to try downloading a fresh copy before contacting them.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 12 January 2010 - 08:54 AM.

BobMc

BobMc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I downloaded a fresh copy yesterday because I thought that might be the problem. I read a thread a while back that instructed me to delete all the HP language files except for english from the system 32 folder but can't find the thread with the file names. I can't call HP support because my machine is out of warranty. Thanks.