Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp logs off then logs back on

• Please log in to reply

tpmoney85

tpmoney85

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am on my own computer this problem is occuring on my brother's computer running xp. It has the same loop that I have been reading about but the solutions that you are all giving about C:\windows\system32 is not working. I keep getting "bad command or file name" or "invalid drive specification" messages and it is really irritating. When I boot up using my windows restore cd i have two options, to restore windows or to boot the command prompt, which always starts with A:\. I do not have the option to load any kind of fix windows option with my cd it is simply an "erase and start over" kind of thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi tpmoney85 ... :) ..:)

does it ever boot all the way to the desktop...
have you tried booting into safe mode