Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

STRANGE FONTS, UNREADABLE TABS ETC

• Please log in to reply

masterblast

masterblast

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I very nearly put this laptop under the back wheel of the car! I need peoples help its my last option.

A few weeks ago I got a trojan virus, weather this is anything to do with it I dont know, after days of battling to get rid of it i finaly did. One week later I turned off the laptop and rebooted the next day to find unreadable fonts that seem to be in a computer language. Anyway my advise was to re install xp cause the virus may have affected something so i did this and it was fine for a day, until i swithced off and then rebboted again, i knew something was odd when i had to input the password as that strange writing come up again, so i thought o no ere we go again! so for the second time a reinstalled windows put the anti virus on done scans of files before loading them etc. Everything was fine for a few days untill i swithced off and rebooted again and now i got this problem again for the 3rd time. Im not even able to do a system restore as everything is unreadable, wouldnt know if it would work anyway with the system only reinstalled a few days ago.

I have some pictures of the laptop, thank god my mrs has this computer, but i want myn back

http://s301.photobuc...45/masterblast/

please can i have your opinions

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm thinking the infection is still there.

I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the
START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own.
If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum.
If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

masterblast

masterblast

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hello,

when i had the problem the first and second time round i did do the malware scan and nortons 3 or 4 times and nothing was detected, i will have to download malware again in order to do further scans, if i can get on the internet on the laptop i will go to your links.

cheers

masterblast

masterblast

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
also when i download files everthing is unreadable so i really dont know what i will be clicking on, it guesing, ooooohhhh im so fustrated, i will have a ago now, it will prob take the rest of the night to go through it all

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The other option is you have a corrupted video driver or your video chipset is failing.