Cant Load Past The Windows XP Screen
Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:49 PM
Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:01 PM
Make and model of your wife's computer and do you have the install cd for it?
Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:08 PM
Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:26 PM
Keep tapping F8 after switching on the PC
When you get the advanced boot menu display, choose Disable automatic restart on system failure
This should stop the PC from automatically rebooting and hopefully show a Blue Screen with a Stop: error 0x000000?? Can you please post this code if you can see it.
Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:05 PM
Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:13 PM
Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:20 AM
Did you manage to get an XP CD yet?
If not, download Recovery Console and burn it to disc. To do this...
- Download the Recovery Console ISO image here
- Install and burn the rc.iso image to disc, to do this, see here
Note: Full chkdsks make take approx 1 hour to complete, do not interrupt the process once started
1) Insert CD and boot from the disc
2) Press R for Repair
3) Enter the corresponding number for the Windows partition (usually 1)
4) Press Enter for the Administrator password
5) Type chkdsk /r and press enter
Once the chkdsk is complete, restart your computer and let me know if it now boots into Windows
Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:56 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users