Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hanging Problems in Chrome and The Fox.

• Please log in to reply

sere83

sere83

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Ive been having a load of problems with my browsers.....

Firefox is generally fine except.....When I use youtube I can click on maybe 1 or 2 videos then after that every video I click on makes the the broswer just hang indefinitely and they won't load...really really annoying. Also Facebook chat is a huge problem too. When I use facebook chat it dissrupts the whole browser, so when someones typing and the message pops up you can do nothing at all in the browser for like 2 seconds and if you speak to more than 2 people at once it also messes up. I also have to shrink and expand that chat box just so I can respond other wise typing does not register, I have tried installing new flash versions...it makes no difference.

So I decided to install chrome. Which worked ok initially but now just hangs indefinitely when I click on any link after I have been useing it for a couple of minutes. Facebook chat works but just hangs rather than messing up.

Internet explorer 8 also hangs when trying to use youtube.

Any help would be hugely appreciated as this is really really annoying me.

Edited by sere83, 12 January 2010 - 06:55 PM.

Advertisements

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Hey sere83. :)

It's possible there is something wrong with your internet connection/settings but I am not sure.

I would suggest posting a topic in the Waiting Room with a link back to this topic. You will receive guaranteed help from someone who is more knowledgeable than I in this area. :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go here for youtube troubleshooting...Solve a Problem section