Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[SOLVED]Some unknown errors on newly installed Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

Sasha_new

Sasha_new

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
Thank you very much for doing this help for all of us suffering from malware!
I'm not sure that this is malware problem, but am suspicious about this...
This is my problem:
I just formatted and installed fresh Windows XP. It worked fine but after 24 hours of work windows security center started to give exception error in wscui.cpl. And also my Adobe inDesign won't start (gives error) and Google Sidebar won't appear on desktop - only blinks, trying to appear (a notice that only by blinking icons on desktop that are trying to readjust to new width of desktop but sidebar won't appear and they go back and then again and again, so i had to turn the side bar off). Don't know of any other symptoms other than my Adobe Ilustrator won't start as well, while photoshop works fine. iTunes crashes on start.

Now, all this was working right after cleam installation of windows, and suddenly after 20-24 hours stopped. The reason I did a clean format is the same I'm posting above. I though I fixed it that way but looks like not.
I suspect that maybe some malware or virus is getting to clean machine from my laptop that is connected through LAN router.

[UPDATE]
After sleepless night of digging i found the solution!
The only thing after which it all crashed was installing new fonts and that was the reason to crash all of the above.
To fix - just try to find a font (if that was additional font you installed, as in my case) by deleting one by one newly installed fonts. Or if windows font was corrupt - extract them from winXP CD and overwrite them.

Now few more words that might bring you to this page with solution :) :
- wscui.cpl error
- gdiplus.dll crush
- An exception occurred while trying to run "shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscui.cpl,"
- faulting module gdiplus.dll
- crashing Office 2003, Paint Shop Pro, Corel Draw, AQQ

the source for solution was found here:
http://www.techsuppo...tml#post2002123
Thank you
Sasha

Edited by Sasha_new, 14 January 2010 - 04:23 AM.

Advertisements