Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iertulil.dll was not found

• Please log in to reply

taj1978

taj1978

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am getting the following message on my computer suddenly. It was fine yesterday now today I get this:

Explorer.exe unable to Locate component. This application has failed to start because iertulil.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

IF anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Is the computer bootable in normal or safe mode? If yes try the following:

1: Restore the system to a date before the problem started. This can be done in the same way in Normal or in Safe mode. If not successful try option 2.

2: Uninstall Internet Explorer in Add/Remove programs in Control Panel. This will probably roll your Internet Explorer to version 6.0. See if the problem persist. Download IE 8.0 from here and install it to your computer.

taj1978

taj1978

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
what if I can't get to the control panel through safe mode? Is there a way to get to it from the Task Manager? All I get is a blank screen?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to boot into "safe mode with command pronpt". At the prompt type %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press Enter. This should open the restore option.