Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

opening mac cd .eps file on a pc? HELP

• Please log in to reply

pezlo4750

pezlo4750

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, everybody. I'm not very savvy with computers to say the least. Here's my problem. I have a Macintosh computer cd. It has a bunch of clipart files (.eps) But I only have a pc. How can I use/open/view these files with a pc (windows vista)? I've gotten to where I can see all the files that are on the cd using Isobuster. But I still can't open them. When I try to extract one of the .eps files (or any of the files on the cd for that matter) it blinks real fast like it did something but it just seems to copy the file straight to my AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Recent folder where it just appears to be a shortcut. And if I click this shortcut it says that the file that was created for this shortcut has been removed or damaged. I downloaded Irfanview to try to open the .eps files. But I can't even find a way to use Irfanview to open anything from Isobuster. I hope I explained all this clearly enough and I doubly hope that someone can tell me how to get at these .eps files (if it's even possible). At least possible short of using a Mac emulator? Please anybody...HELP. Thanks.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
The EPS file type is primarily associated with 'Encapsulated PostScript'. There are two distinct types of .EPs files, one of which is a vector based graphics file and can be opened and easily edited for type, color, etc. in Adobe Illustrator or PC vector based programs like Corel Draw. They can be CMYK color, or flat pantone color based. These files could be "placed' or "imported" into Pagemaker (or Word, Quark, etc.), but not opened by it. They can be almost infinitely scaled in size without degrading the output because they are vector based. The other is an .EPS photo file, flattened, set resolution "picture" type file. It can be opened in PhotoShop or other image editing programs, also placed or imported into Pagemaker (or Word, Quark, etc.), but it will be significantly degraded if scaled beyond the set resolution