Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Wont Boot UP

• Please log in to reply

Tanner101

Tanner101

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello I have a Gateway GT5028 and it wont boot up. The first three times i hit the power button all lights and fans flare for a few seconds and then it all together shuts down. The next time i try to boot it up all the fans and lights boot up and stay on all though nothing appears on my screen. I thought it could be the video card, which is an dedicated onboard card, but i can hear the monitor connecting and disconnecting when plug and unplugged to the tower. I use the same hard drive and ram in another computer that runs fine, with the "minor" complication of randomly system crashing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thnx

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Start with this website, click on each problem as you go along. From what you say you can go to the video section, but it may be that your Power supply is failing. Once i installed a new video card that pulled too much power from the PS and the computer refused to boot . It did the same as your computer is doing. I know you said you have not changed anything, but it is still possible the PS is failing, it just has not completely failed yet.

You can click on other diagnostics pages with the links at the left side of the chart.

http://www.fonerbooks.com/power.htm

SRX660