Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

computer just stopped

• Please log in to reply

whoaguys

whoaguys

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi today my computer just shut down while i was playing counter-strike. and it wont turn back on. i've tried unplugging it and replugging but it isn't working.
need some help please!

Advertisements

dinkaragg

dinkaragg

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
is it not booting, if yes, at what stage till it booting up , any error its giving........report the error in full

whoaguys

whoaguys

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No my computer does not turn on at all

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
get down on your hands and knees and put your nose up to the back of the pc where the fans exhaust....smell anything acidic or sulferous?

Here any fans going?

Try a different plug.

Sounds like a toasted power supply, but could also be a burnt CPU...

whoaguys

whoaguys

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
no there is no smell, i dont know if the fan works cuz my comp wont turn on. i'm gonna clean the fan a bit.

whoaguys

whoaguys

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok the plugs are all in. the outlet is fine. it must be a problem inside the computer...
anyway when i turned on the comp the fan moved a little bit. and thats the only thing it did. so What the... did i fry?

dinkaragg

dinkaragg

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
i fully suspect the problem with the motherboard. its not taking up,,,, since ur fan rotates a little in the start, it means the power supply of CPU is ok but the power section of ur motherbord has gone off., look precisely on the motherboard if theres any swollen capacitors (cylinder type looking components)..
there must be the motehrboard LED which also glows 'on' during the turn on of the PC and then goes 'off'
then ur motherboard need repair.