Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battery

• Please log in to reply

mccann88

mccann88

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hi,

Hope this is the right place to post if not I apologies

Got a Acer Aspire 5542 with Windows 7 laptop at Christmas and have noticed that when the laptop is plugged into the the charger it says on the battery icon plugged in , not charging. I am quiet worried as this is such a new laptop that there is something wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

Hope I here back from someone.

Thanks

Edited by mccann88, 15 January 2010 - 05:51 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
My acer has a red lightning bolt when it is charging.If yours is not working take it back to where you bought it and have it repaired under warranty. It could be a bad charger, bad battery ( it wont take a charge), or its just a software problem and the system is charging but it don't show. Any which way, i would have it fixed under warranty as some warrantys run out after 90 days.

SRX660