Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What video card do i need?!

• Please log in to reply

Windy A Miller

Windy A Miller

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I dont understand, before i had windows xp on my dell dimension 3100 and i could run for example games like generals and roller coaster tycoon 3 but now since i've upgraded to windows 7 ultimate, its saying i need to either get a better version of directx or buy a new video card. My directx is 10 so that should be no problem, but i dont know which video card to get because i dont know whats compatible with a dell dimension 3100. :)

Someone PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I found your board layout HERE
It seems oyu have a PCI Express slot so that means you can get some of the newer cards and that will help your graphics out alot.
Tigerdirect has a couple that would probably work for you HERE. Specifically the first two.
NewEgg has a larger selection HERE.
I would suggest looking at NewEgg since the selection is greater. The low end on cost is 40.00 USD so the budget will decide how high you want to go.