Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Used MBR FIX on boot cd now my computer hangs at Invalid partition tab

• Please log in to reply

ototaram

ototaram

• Pip
  • 1 posts
sorry for the long title,
Let me explain.
FIrst i had a virus and i was trying to get to safe mode to delete it. When i'd try to go into safe mode..t he computer would blue screen and say error has accord.please check hardrive for errors.. so basically i wouldn't go into safe mode.. i could log into windows so i did. I accidentally set my startup to safe mode login. =( so now i kept getting lopped into safe mode.. and couldn't use my pc at all.. then i tried to change the boot settings through a recovery console.. and someone said to type fix mbr.. now my computer just hangs at a screen that says, Invalid partition table =( did i just ruin my pc.. i have important files on there .. please help guys so frustrated..

Advertisements

OldGrumpyMan

OldGrumpyMan

• Pip
  • 4 posts
You may be able to try this to rebuild your MBR:

http://bootmaster.fi...ecover_mbr.html