Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Failed running the appllication

• Please log in to reply

axjuelluo

axjuelluo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When i open my laptop,i cannot enter the window and showing the disk needed to be check and strongly remain to check. so,i did it and wait for 6 hours.finally i enter the window and found that i cannot launched my all program.

And showing the file or directory C://DOCUME~1\Adminstrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat is corrupt and unreafable.Please run the Chkdsk utility.So,i tried to run Chkdsk utility but no work.

So,i decided format my laptop using window xp pack 3,but i founded cannot even cannot enter the format partition part.showing "the setup was unable to create,locate,or modify a critical file (C://DOCUME~1\Adminstrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat is corrupt and unreafable.Please run the Chkdsk utility)needed to start Window XP.The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

I tried to found out the problem but my frds say that my disk already harmed.is it truth????

Thank you very much.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Defective hard drive. Yes the drive is on the way out.