Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SP2 problems

• Please log in to reply

jasta

jasta

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I just downloaded and installed SP2, but I don't like the changes. Also, my 3 year old, 1GHz laptop is running slower. Is the main advantage to SP2 the better security? How could I get better security, and go back to XP-Home? I have Norton anti-virus and several anti-spyware programs, but just the XP firewall. Suggestions?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The XP Firewall only blocks incoming traffic, you should consider a third party firewall, Zone alarm from zonelabs is a popular choice

http://www.zonelabs....reeDownload.jsp

The spyware scan is optional.

If you have a restore point before the SP2 install you could run that.

Removing SP2 from add / remove can be quite destructive, my experience was that after SP2 had been removed this way, the PC was only good for a clean install

jasta

jasta

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for the reply. Here is something that has changed since I got SP2. When I want save a photo or video clip to an existing folder, I click Select on that folder. On some folders, I can't see what is in the folder, just a blank space. If I Open the folder, I can see what is in it, but if I Select, I just see blank space. This didn't happen before SP2. Why?

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
You could always install SP2.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
paulcomputerman:

You should pay more attention to the original question.. :tazz:

I just downloaded and installed SP2, but I don't like the changes.

View Post

Murray