Can't connect to internet( ISP says software)
Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:50 PM
Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:01 PM
I'm just a regular forum member like yourself, so I'm sure a GTG staff member could assist you further, but thought I would ask a couple of questions since it looks additional info may be helpful, since your ISP mentioned a "software" issue.
1. Were you able to access the internet prior to this problem?
2. Are you trying to connect wireless or via an Ethernet cable?
3. Do you have a router or software firewall installed that may be blocking your connection?
4. Under Network connections have you attempted to "repair" the device?
Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:49 PM
3. No router, but i dont think i have a firewall
Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:31 PM
I apologize for the delay, but I was away from the computer all day yesterday. A couple other suggestions and questions if you have not successfully solved your issue.
1.Did your ISP confirm an active connection to your location? (I imagine you have an ISP provided modem...)
2. If they verified a successfull connection, then have you tried to "repair" your network device? If yes, what were the results?
3. What browser are you currently using? (IE, Firefox, or another)
4. You may want to try reseting the IP (TCP/IP) settings and flushing the DNS cache
a. To reset the TCP/IP setting- Go to Start > Run and type in cmd, then copy this line: netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt into the window that appears and then hit the enter key.
b. To flush the DNS cache- copy this line into the cmd window: ipconfig /flushdns and then hit the enter key.
c. Then reboot your computer5. If you continue to have connectivity issues, there may be a hardware issue, or perhaps malware affecting your machine.
Best of luck and let me know if the above suggestions help out or not.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users