Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer monitor screen is off

• Please log in to reply

vcr

vcr

• Pip
  • 2 posts
While I was out my DH was on my computer. When I came home and turned it on, the screen was shifted to the left with a black wide border on the right and a tiny black border on the bottom. I can't access anything on the left of the screen. I tried system restore, but just can't get it back. The computer is hooked up to my LCD TV. Please help.

Edited by vcr, 17 January 2010 - 04:04 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you tried the on screen menu or On Screen Display settings for the monitor itself and tried adjusting the settings for the screen?

vcr

vcr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks. I went to the TV menu and auto adjusted the picture and that worked.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is great to hear. please let us know if there is anything else we can help with. I'm happy to hear everything worked out for you and appreciate your patience with my instructions.
Enjoy the other forums and thanks for choosing GeeksToGo for help.