Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows cannot detect wireless or wired network cards

• Please log in to reply

michellepurple

michellepurple

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi
Iam not very computer savvy! I have just reinstalled Windows XP home on my desktop, I tried to connect to the internet but came up with the error "Windows could not detect any wireless or wired network cards", I am networked with my son, who has full connection, my computer is running the modem and router, both of which seem not to be installed? I don't have any driver cd's only my copy of XP home. I have looked in the device manager to see what hardware has a problem and my modem is not even there? any help would be much appreciated...
Thanks
Michelle

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If you are running on-board network you will need to reinstall the chipset drivers in windows. If you had stated what make and model of computer or motherboard you have we could have found the drivers for you on the manufacturer's website.

If you cannot find the drivers, post your computer information here so we can look it up.

SRX660

michellepurple

michellepurple

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
Sorry for not replying sooner,and thank you for the previous prompt reply, my motherboard is a GIGABYTE: GA-K8N51GMF-9, the computer is an LG, unfortunately I cannot tell you any more as it was given to me and came without driver disks or any other info...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Michelle :)

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If you scro;; down on this website you will see the CHIPSET-LAN-SATA RAID drivers for XP( second set). Download them and transfer them to the computer with a USB flash drive, then double click on the exe file to install them. You may have to pick the lan drivers from a list. Then see if your Network will work.

http://www.gigabyte....=2294#anchor_os

SRX660