Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random reboots or the dreaded Stop 0x00000050 or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE

• Please log in to reply

Madd Monty

Madd Monty

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
My computer out of the blue started to had the above mentioned error or just randomly reboot itself.

So checking other postings I

• Never installed any new software or hardware other that a printer. So I ran DriveSweeper 1.5.5 and updated my drivers (sound and video) to the latest.

• I ran memory test 86-3.5 which shows no errors, not surprising since the ram and other internal bits are all over a year old.

• I ran a chkdsk /f /r and had no errors

• I tired a defrag to no resolve

• I installed and ran CCleaner which speed up the computer but never resolved the crash issue

• I also thought maybe the graphics card was maybe overheating since the network card didn’t allow for much air movement so I move the network card down one slot on the motherboard. … A long shot but nope nothing

• I also installed speedfan to check if it was a heat issue but an unsure if the readings are correct, Upon a start up my readings are
CPU 53C
Internal Temp 38C
Remote Temp 38C
HD0 32 C
+2.5V ---- 1.46v
+VCORE-----1.22V
+3.3V ----- 3.30V
+5V ----- 5.04V
+12V ---- 12.31V
So I am asking for help/ideas with this issue and does anybody have experience with speedfan are these readings correct? I find it hard to believe just booting my computer up would generate a chip temp of 53C but what do I know.

:)

Any help would be appreciated

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:)

You have been really thorough in your testing. One more i didn't see you had was hard drive diagnostics so let's try that.

Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, unfortunately, you're out of luck, because Toshiba doesn't provide any diagnostic tool.

Thanks to Broni for the instructions

If this shows nothing wrong then the other possibility is a active infection in which case I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the
START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own.
If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum.
If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Edited by rshaffer61, 17 January 2010 - 09:27 PM.

Madd Monty

Madd Monty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
okay thanks I will give it a whirl :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Let me know what happens with my instructions and if you go to the malware forum i will keep a eye on it.

Madd Monty

Madd Monty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
HD test results:

Test Option: EXTENDED TEST
Model Number: WDC WD2000JD-98HBB0
Unit Serial Number: WD-WCAL81877142
Firmware Number: 08.02D08
Capacity: 200.05 GB
SMART Status: PASS
Test Result: PASS

Curiously I got a new blue screen, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x000000A (0x1c5b24e2 0x0000002 0x0000001 0x806e6a2a)

I run Whocrashed software and the analysis shows:

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump
Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.
The following dump files were found but could not be read. These files may be corrupt:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011810-01.dmp
No valid crash dumps have been found on your computer
Strange usually they should be the same not?

So tommorrow I will more on the Malware....

thanks for the input so far

oh just an aside I did try a dxdiag but it all passed too.

Madd Monty

Madd Monty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I run McAfee both anti virus and firewall FYI

Edited by Madd Monty, 18 January 2010 - 01:33 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks for the update and be patient with the malware topic as that forum is extremely busy. I will monitor it also to see what the outcome is. Return here if problem is still happening once they declare you clean.

Madd Monty

Madd Monty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Currently working in malware http://www.geekstogo...67#entry1739867

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I see a interesting File Not Found but I can't comment on it so maybe the Tech there will see it also and maybe that could be the problem.