Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Restore won't load

• Please log in to reply

jyargeau

jyargeau

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Recently, I tried to do a system restore. The restore got half through and then my computer froze up. The only way out of it was to hold the start button until the computer shut off. When restarting the computer, a screen indicated that the system restore was not completed and to pick another date. I did and a blank screen of system restore appeared with no calender. Now, system restore does not load from the start menu. When you click on Help and Support, the hour class appears for a second and goes away and nothing loads. I have gone to accessories and system tools to access system restore and that just brings up the blank screen.

I have a Toshbia laptop with Windows XP SP3 media center edition. I have over 60gb free space and 1gb of ram. I have gone to toshbia and google web sites, but can't seem to find anything to solve this problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:) jyargeau

What is the reason for needing to do a restore?