Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

need to make older vaio wireless with belkin adapter card

• Please log in to reply

gmk0505

gmk0505

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My current vaio just crashed, cannot find its operating system and I am trying to make my older version wireless in the meantime. I bought a belkin wireless card, but when I installed the software, it is not finding the hardware. I have to mention that I reformatted the computer and unfortunately found out that that meant now having windows ME on it. Could that be the problem that the operating system is not compatible with the software from the new belkin card?
What do I need to do to make this thing work in the interim before I can fix my other vaio?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Very little hardware works with Windows ME these days. Why did you rebuild it with ME?
What is this other Vaio of which you speak?

gmk0505

gmk0505

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I used the recovery disks that came with the vaio, so I guess I need to upload windows xp, cause I do not like any of the new windows editions,
my newer vaio is in the process of getting fixed, but it will be a while and so I had decided to use the older model in the interim.