Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Any HP laptop experts out there?

• Please log in to reply

Cerberus262

Cerberus262

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hey, there:

I have an HP laptop - DV9000 series. When I try to turn it on, the lights that normally come on do their thing, but the screen stays blank. In about 6-7 seconds, the computer re-boots. This cycle continues.

Occasionally I can get it to boot, but this problem is happening more and more frequently. Any ideas if I am looking at a hardware or software issue?

Thanks,
Mark

Advertisements

Techextreme

Techextreme

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Hp as of late has been having some problems with their machines not booting or having a boot-loop because of a BIOS issue.

You may want to try updating the BIOS if you can get it to boot up long enough.

You may also want to try removing the battery and running only on the A/C adapter and see if this helps.

Cerberus262

Cerberus262

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
I updated the BIOS a while back. Will check again to see if this needs another flash...

Currently running on just AC power as the battery is fried.

Thanks for the ideas.

Mark