Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kernel Inpage Error

• Please log in to reply

bimboi

bimboi

• Pip
  • 4 posts
While I was copying files from my HDD to my flash drive, a blue screen suddenly appeared saying a Kernel Inpage Error occurred. then below it shows a "atapi.sys" something.. Would anyone have any idea about this..

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
can you boot up normally after the blue screen...if so ...
download and install WhoCrashed from [url="http://<a%20href="http://www.resplendence.com/download/whocrashedSetup.exe"%20target="_blank">http://www.resplende...edSetup.exe</a>"]here[/url]..
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

click on it...then run...then next...put a tick in accept...then next..put a tick in the don't create a start menu folder..then next...put a tick in create a desktop icon..then install.. then make sure there is a tick in launch whocrashed...then finish...then click Analyze ...
WhoCrashed will create report...you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply...

bimboi

bimboi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks for the idea happyrock..Ill work on what you've suggested to me..Ill post any developments after Im done with it..

bimboi

bimboi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey there happyrock..i've done with your suggestion..
I have the analysis I'd like you to see..
(by the way I forgot to say that I can boot my system after the blue screen appears..)

Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 12/27/2009 11:00:36 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: klif.sys
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xC0000006, 0x804DADE8, 0xEE7FD9B0, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
Dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini122709-01.dmp
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\klif.sys
product: Kaspersky™ Anti-Virus ®
company: Kaspersky Lab
description: Klif Mini-Filter [fre_wnet_x86]

hit me back as soon as you could interpret this analysis for me.. I'm getting frustrated with this error..

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
uninstall Kaspersky and then reinstall it...

bimboi

bimboi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey happyrock..I did uninstall and reinstall my kaspersky and it caught two viruses hiding in my system..but the error still remains..i am thinking of formatting my whole HDD and install XP..will it do the trick?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.