Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Learning GUI programming

• Please log in to reply

monkman71

monkman71

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I need to learn how to make basic gui programs in c++ and I need to learn it fairly quickly. Could anyone tell me the best way to learn how to do this within the next month or less?

Advertisements

TheBug

TheBug

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
There are many GUI interfaces for programming out there for many operating systems. So you have to narrow down you question.

If you are working under Windows operating system, then Win32 API provides GUI interface programming of creating windows and buttons etc. You can also use .net framework and many others etc. If you are using Linux, there are many like Qt, Gtk etc for programming GUI.

So it all depends which operating system, and which interface you want to use. Some are easy than others and some have better control and features. It also depends how efficiently you know C++.