Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with getting mail in Outlook

• Please log in to reply

dorsettaffy

dorsettaffy

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have set up my daughter's laptop exactly like my own, using Outlook for e-mail, and Kaspersky Internet Security. With Kaspersky there is a Preview Message screen which allows you to check the subject of e-mails before receiving them. When I click on "Send/Receive" on my daughter's laptop it is now showing one screen with 5 or 6 new messages, but a second screen shows that there are 155 messages on the server. I have tried deleting these messages but am unable to do so, and shortly after clicking on the screen to allow the dowload, Outlook will close down saying "Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. etc etc", and none of the messages end up in Outlook for us to read.

We are currently using PlusNet, and I have logged into the web-mail for her account and there were only 4 messages there.

Can someone please suggest how I may correct this situation so that she can starting using Outlook again please.

Many thanks

Alun

Advertisements

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Howdy dorsettaffy. :)

What version of Microsoft Outlook are you using and what system are you running?

Also, when Outlook crashes, does it give an error message at all (apart from the one you mentioned)?

I'll do my best to help you solve this problem. :)