Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Overun with Viruses

• Please log in to reply

Hawkyboy

Hawkyboy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello guys live from the UK (I hope you still want to help!) my laptop is ill! basically it seems to be overun with trojans etc and when I boot it up it throws up error report messages every few minutes, I delete these and try to carry on with my work for a couple of minutes at a time before it finally freezes completely. Then I reboot and it allows me to do a little more until it freezes again. It wont work in safe mode either and comes up with a no can do message (sorry this is vague as I am currently logged on at work and cant check it) I tried downloading spybot AND Avast but theres something really wrong! I just wondered if you could offer any help and advixe, im not expecting any miracles. Thanks in advance guys.

Best Wishes

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

Hawkyboy

Hawkyboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thankyou, but as I mentioned I only get a couple of minutes each time which isnt long enough to run the viral removement programmes...it usually freezes up before the end :)

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
you need to make a topic in the Virus Removal forum anyway, we don't deal with those issues here.

Hawkyboy

Hawkyboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
O-kkkkkkkkk :)