Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Verizon DSL and Airlink 101 Router

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have Verizon DSL Westell 6100G modem/router combo with an Airlink 101 ar420w router. Everything is updated to the latest firmware.

Currently I have the router working behind a double NAT with the modem at IP and the router's IP at

I'm on a Windows XP box and live in CA so verizon DSL authenticates via DHCP.

I've been trying on and off to bridge the modem so I'm not behind a double NAT, but cannot get it to work. I've tried following instructions all over the net such as releasing IP -> bridge mode: bridge -> disabling DHCP -> Setting router to automatic configuration DHCP, and still no lucky. I've tried both cloning the mac and disabling the feature. I've tried leaving the host name and domain fields blank and also putting verizon.net and myhome.westell.com which was suggested by someone claiming to get it to work for a linksys router.

So basically if anyone sees something I'm missing please let me know.