Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installed new power supply, now i have probs.

• Please log in to reply

cleardarksky

cleardarksky

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Windows XP Home. For the past two days my desktop would not turn on, so after some testing

I found out the power supply was dead, so I replaced it and the machine came back to life,

however since replacing the power supply the volume icon is no longer there (I did go into

Control panel> sounds and audio devices, I'm not a beginner, and I have googled the [bleep]

out of it but nothing has worked), I have downloaded the latest audio drivers (Realtek

AC'97), I also tried the original audio drivers from the restore cd's I was given when I

bought the machine but no luck. Also after the new power supply installation all four usb

ports no longer work. Currently my pc does have audio because I installed an old sound

card that was lying around. I also bought a four port PCI USB card. But it would be great

if I got my old sound card and USB ports to work. And last but not least I can no longer

burn cd's or dvd's even though i tried three different dvd burner drives (and one external

dvd burner) and four different burning programs (2 paid programs and 2 free). Is it

possible something on the motherboard got fried when I replaced the old power supply? I do

have three restore cd's is it possible to get the machine back to its original

configuration if I use them? Any advice folks.

Advertisements