Windows Installer Conflict
Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:21 PM
Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:46 PM
It could be a problem with the Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program, so follow these instructions to resolve it if this is the case:
1. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories
2. Right-click the Command Prompt
3. Click Run As Administrator
4. In the User Sccount Control Window, verify the Program Name is Windows Command Processor
5. Click Yes
6. In the Administrator: Command Prompt Window, type the following text at the prompt:
reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions /va /f
7.Press Enter to install the solution.8. If The operation completed successfully displays, close the Administrator: Command Prompt window to complete this procedure. If "ERROR: Access is denied" displays, repeat this procedure from the top, making sure you clicked Run As Administrator in step two.
Let's also make sure you are an Administrator:
1. Go to Start.
2. Type Control UserPasswords2.
3. Click Advanced.
4. Click Advanced again.
5. Select Users.
6. Select Administrator and untick the the box Administrator is disabled
7. Now log out and login as Administrator.
Let me know how it goes.
Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:26 AM
Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:52 PM
You're very welcome.
Let me know how your efforts go and if you still don't get a solution, we 'll take it from there.
Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:09 PM
The moral of the story is, I should have done a clean install from the beginning. Anyway thanks for the effort. Maybe someone else can read this and bypass all my mistakes.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users