Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Wi-fi

• Please log in to reply

praglen

praglen

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

I'm not a techie, so I read the above exchanges and I, too, need someone to hold my hand thru this frustrating process.
First of all, I have Windows XP(32-bit processor) and have my internet connection here in Thailand thru ADSL. No problem.
Since I live in a condo building, we have Wi-fi, which my girl friend uses free, thanks to a router I purchased.
Since she left for a month, I disconnected the LAN cable and when she returned, we couldn't get back to Wi-fi.
Apparently, the Wi-fi detected by my PC is fine, no problem. But when I reconnect the cables correctly, I can't get my ADSL connection to work. The signal is coming thru fine, but I can't access any Internet sites, unless I disconnect from the router and just use ADSL.
The3 router is D-Link Model DIR-300
The modem: HUAWEI Smartax MT880 Router 1E
My Internet Connection: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fest Ethernet NIC
Adapter: Atheros AR500 5G Wireless Network Adapter

I will try to provide any additional information you need.
Thanks for your help.

Advertisements