Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

registery name unable to change

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
how do i remove a previous registery name with out a program disc for the windows program i am running, which is windows xp home edition....afer shutting down or re-starting,ther is i name i find offensive and would like to remove...re-named the administerator , but will not allow me to re-name or change widows registery name without de-installing windows and i dont have the disc or program to re-install if i do un-instal

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi dwnnout ... :) ..:)
when you say registry name...is it a user name you want removed

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
if you are refering the computer name you can right click on my computer and goto properties. you should be able to goto the name tab on the top and change the name of the computer and the workgroup if so desired.