Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Security Virus, Computer won't start. Please Help!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

JOSEG17

JOSEG17

• Pip
  • 3 posts
A couple of days ago I got the Internet Security virus. Norton Security detected it but that's all it did. I tried to follow the cleaning guide suggested here but I was only able to download the TFC to remove temporary files. When it prompted me to reboot I clicled yes, but after rebooting it only gets to the Welcome screen. If I click on any user, it looks like it is going to open but it immediately logs off again. Then I tried to reinstall Windows XP to repair it. The installation process was going pretty good but it has not moved from a black screen that shows the Windows logo with a sign that reads "Please wait", the problem is that it has not moved from there in almost 24 hours. It is not frozen as I can move the sand clock cursor. Please advice.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

rdnk71

rdnk71

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
you might want to go to the malware blogs for help with this one.

JOSEG17

JOSEG17

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I did some search on the malware blogs but I couldn't find any reported problem with exactly the same status. I've also noticed that the approach to solve this type of issues vary depending on the situation, and requires sending logs for evaluation before proceeding to other step.

As I mentioned, it was my intention to follow the recommended cleaning guide, but after removing the temporary files, it gets only to the welcome screen. That's when I tried to reinstall Windows XP in an effort to repair it but in this process after 24 hours, the screen still shows the "Please wait" screen.

I've already posted this same problem in the Malware section but I haven't got any response yet. Please help!

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
have some patience, we are very busy there