Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Continuous click/click/click - HP Laptop audio problem

• Please log in to reply

lizkkk

lizkkk

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Have a HP laptop. I am computer unsavvy so please ignore the simplistic terms I will be using.

If sound is ummuted, the sound will be 'normal' for a few seconds, and then as if the audio is warming itself up, there will be the onset of "click click click click...." that will only disappear if the sound is muted again.

I can hear the click/click over the sound of whatever video I might have going on.

Only cure: Turn audio back to mute. Computer works great otherwise.

Just spent $300 fixing my desktop. Would love to know if there was a way to fix the laptop without sending it back to HP (it is under warranty) or taking it to a shop.

Computer system: Windows Vista.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

BigNogin

BigNogin

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
does it constantly click. Or only when a web browser is running? IT could be your web browser clicking through ads.

lizkkk

lizkkk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I turned on the sound, and am having it run as i type right here.

click/click/click/click/click

So, it is not just when a video is open. It's continuous.

If I mute it, everything is 'okay'... except I know the sound will come back ASAP if I unmute it.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Are any of your speaker or speaker control cables near a network switch, router, or touching a network cable?