Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Backup Mail & Contacts etc OE 2007

• Please log in to reply

750steve

750steve

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
When i select data file management in pic 1 it then brings me to pic 2, when i highlight either Archive or Personal & select 'open folder' it brings me to pic 3.

Is the Archive.pst & Outlook.pst my email file (ie. do i save that one & import it into Windows 7 when it is installed & my emails will appear????)

As you can see, i don't have an option for saving my contacts, i'm a little confused!

Edited by 750steve, 21 January 2010 - 03:55 AM.

Advertisements

750steve

750steve

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
When i select data file management in pic 1 it then brings me to pic 2, when i highlight either Archive or Personal & select 'open folder' it brings me to pic 3.

Is the Archive.pst & Outlook.pst my email file (ie. do i save that one & import it into Windows 7 when it is installed & my emails will appear????)

As you can see, i don't have an option for saving my contacts, i'm a little confused!

Attached Thumbnails

• MSO3.jpg
  • MSO4.jpg
  • MSO6.jpg

Edited by 750steve, 21 January 2010 - 03:58 AM.

750steve

750steve

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yeah that seems to be the problem. Most of the instructions were done before Win7 so I'm trying to find the current ones.
Here
HERE straight from Microsoft.

Edited by rshaffer61, 21 January 2010 - 08:28 AM.

750steve

750steve

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Do i just save the Archive.pst & Outlook.pst files to save my emails then?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes, this is different then what I did so I'm trying to understand it also. It looks like that is the correct ones.

750steve

750steve

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
I think i have found something that may be of use to you in the future http://www.online-te...tlook-contacts/

I saved both tha archive.pst & outlook.pst files (which can only be copied to hard disc etc when logged OUT of Outlook) & followed the instructions there to create a backup.pst file (should be contacts!!)

Does 2249kb sound enough for about 300 contacts though??

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep should be about right for the size.