Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Tuner Not Installed" error message in Windows Media Center

• Please log in to reply

Prog_Frog

Prog_Frog

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi,

We have a Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop running Windows XP Media Center Edition (Version 2002, System Pack 3). It has a TV tuner (TVT-2) that came with the PC from Dell. Has been working fine until sometime in November 09 when we started getting the following message:

"Tuner Not Installed
Video cannot be displayed because no tuner hardware has been detected.
Please check that your tuner hardware is properly installed and plugged in."

This prevents us from watching or recording TV from our PC as we had been for over 3 years. I tried to run through a couple of suggested fixes that I found on other forums (including renaming the DRM folder (Digital Rights Management) but no luck.

Anyway, that's the gist of it. This site has always been helpful before, and I'm hoping someone can work similar magic on this one. Thanks in advance for any help!

~Doug

Advertisements