Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help :-)

• Please log in to reply

jane_rigby

jane_rigby

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi i recently reinstalled windows and since then my internet hasn't been working. it says to check the browser settings and also when i try and load an installed game it comes up with an error message.
is there any way i can fix this?
thanks
x

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Laptop or desktop
Brand name or custom built system
If brand name what is the make and odel
What was the original reason for needing to reinstall windows
What was used to reinstall windows Genuine Microsoft Installation Disk, Burn copy, Downloaded version,
If Original is it a dull version or upgrade
Is it retail or a Recovery disk
What error messages if any are you getting exactly when trying to log on to the internet
What error message are you getting trying to load games?
Did you load all your drivers?
Do you have a drivers disk for your motherboard?

Please reply back with the above information

. Please Go to
1: STARTand the click on RUN
2: Type in devmgmt.msc
3: Click Enter

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop
If you have a thumb drive, flashdrive, or cdrw that you can sue to transfer the info then use it to transfer the image to this system you are typing from and then Attach the image to your next reply. if not then just reply with the information and forget the image.

jane_rigby

jane_rigby

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the reply
its a desktop but was custom built for gaming
i reinstalled it as one of the programs was not working and wanted to see if it would work and it was from a genuine installation disk
i THINK its an upgrade but it could be the 2002 version
regarding internet: the 1st error message says the browser will not load and then as it tries to connect it says the internet cannot connect either retry or cancel and check browser settings are correct
regarding games: it comes up with the send error report message (something along those lines)
and i'm not exactly sure about the drivers i'm not too sure what they mean to tell the truth
that's the thing i don't really know about

thanks for any help you can give me i appreciate it!
xx

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Since you cannot get to the internet on that system then you will have to download the programs I suggest and then copy them to the problem system and run them.

Did you get the information i asked for at the end of my last post?
You may have a driver issue but I need the information to find out.
Also do you know what motherboard you have in the system and do you have the drivers disk for that motherboard?