Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot display the webpage

• Please log in to reply

CelestialHawk

CelestialHawk

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I am running XP SP3 and using a dial up connection. Suddenly was unable to display any pages. The owner account worked OK, so I deleted the old user account and made a new one. It worked twice and now neither account can display pages. We are connected to the internet. When the page is trying to load I've caught a quick view down on the status bar but all I saw were the words 'frame' and 'dnserror'. Any ideas? Thank you.

1/22/10 - much more work done on this but I still can't get it to work. The problems lies in Internet options - under connections for the dial up (and same problem with LAN settings) in that the proxy server boxes are getting checked when I try to open IE. If I remove those checks everything works. But I sure don't want to have to go in every time and uncheck the boxes. How can I make them remain unchecked permanently, and what is causing them to get rechecked everytime I open IE? Mozilla Firefox works, but I don't like it and want IE. Oh, and this is IE7, and I hate to try IE8 when I've heard bad stuff about it.

Please, anybody got any ideas? Thank you much!

Edited by CelestialHawk, 22 January 2010 - 12:39 PM.

Advertisements