Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dell studio 1737 Memory Upgrade...

• Please log in to reply

JimboUK71

JimboUK71

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I would like to upgrade my memory. I have found a seller on ebay and a 2GB memory chip for £37. What I can't seem to find on the net is a grapical how-to installation guide. I've searched you tube nothing there even! My comp does not have a seperate memory cover like most laptops, so I'd have to take the whole cover off! Can anyone help??

Thanks! :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Please help us to help you.
What is your laptop brand and model number please?

You may find there is a memory slot hidden under the keyboard.

JimboUK71

JimboUK71

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Its a Dell Studio 1737. Sorry, I forgot to mention this!

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The Dell Studio 1737 has two memory slots.

Having had a Google it would appear that indeed at least one of the memory slots does live under the keyboard. The other one is classed as easily accessible so you should find its available under one of the bottom panels. It's most likely under something else.

JimboUK71

JimboUK71

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Many thanks for that. Laptop is just out of warranty now so I'll venture under the cover. I have watched a few you tube vids so know the precautions to take.

JimboUK71

JimboUK71

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Just to update, upgraded laptop NP. There are 2x 1GB slots, one under the other, located just under the main cover, lower mid-centre. I removed one 1GB and replaced it with the 2GB chip. I am disappointed, I really would have liked 4GB!!