Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LITE-ON DVD + RW SOHW -802Srecently installed

• Please log in to reply

mistehr

mistehr

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hello, and thank you in advance for your help.

I am trying to help someone install this DVD player/DVD writer?/CD writer? on this pc, I followed the instructions on the dells owner manual to open the case and install the hardware.
I turned the pc on and tried it out, but nothing happened, I tried to play from My computer, but windows media player came up and said it could not play the dvd. I looked under hardware to see if the device shows up and it does, with not question mark on it.

there was only 2 cables that I connected the devise to, should there be more because its a dvd player?
I tried to find an update for the driver but could not find any. maybe I connected it wrong? I don't know what to do.

thank you again. (patiently awaiting a reply)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
See, if VLC Player will work: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/