Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Heavily Infected Laptop

• Please log in to reply

Charliee03

Charliee03

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Ive been trying to install Malwarebytes or anything for that matter onto my friends infected laptop and its really infected! To the point I cant do anything to attempt to fix it. I turn it on and the start menu an desktop flicker on then fade right away an their gone all that pops up is a fake Spyware program XP Antivirus an its trying to get me to buy it along with a windows error IAPRO.exe over and over and over again. The start menu never comes up again

TW / I cannot get into safe mode at all the blue screen of death comes up with a message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

How do I start to remove all these nasty threats ? B

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Hello,

Move to the Malware thread located HERE. Before posting, be sure to thoroughly read and follow instructions HERE. If your topic has not been replied to after 3 days time (That is 72 Hours!) then you may post a response in the Waiting Room, where your original malware post will be first on the list of help. Best regards,

-Jason