Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen of Death with string of numbers

• Please log in to reply

kellysealy

kellysealy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, my 16 year old daughter has managed to tear up 3 computers in a span of 2 months, so you may see me here quiete often. In trying to fix the first computer I cant get past the start up menu, then the blue screen of death comes up. This is exactly what I am getting:

A problem has been detected and window has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in a stop message, disable the driver, or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

check your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable componets, restart your computer, press f8 to select advanced start up options and then select mode.

Technical Information:

0x0000007E (0x0000005, 0x81A85113, 0xF97097B0, 0xF97094AC)

Thats all it says and I cannot get past this screen to do anything else.
Operating system windows xp

I have searched the net and this site here but I cant find much on the last string of numbers.

I greatly appreciate your help.

Kelly

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello kellysealy.... Welcome to GeeksToGo, :) :) :)

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time. Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly then.

Have you tried to boot into Safe Mode and if so are the results the same?
If not turn the system on and at the second post screen start tapping the F8 key till the Advanced Boot Menu window appears. Using the arrow keys highlight Safe Mode and click Enter.
If still no fun repeat and this time highlight the line that says Last Known good Configuration That Worked and then click enter.
Does it now boot into windows?

kellysealy

kellysealy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ok, while waiting for a reply, my husband ran the windows xp disc. we are no longer in blue screen of death, but everything looks as if its in safe mode, but its not in safe mode. everything is way large and the graphics suck. Still working on that problem. I understand
you being busy and I appreciate your willing to help.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK to change screen resolutions and colors.
Right click on the Desktop where there are no icons.
Then go to Properties
In new window click on the Settings tab
In this window you should have a slider bar that will adjust your screen resolutions and make everything smaller.
Also check and make sure colors is set for the highest and then click Apply and then the window will flicker and new settings should take affect. A little window will pop up and ask if you want to keep the settings.
You have about 15 seconds to decide or it will revert back on you. If it is to small then change resolutions to alittle to the left and try it again. Once it is set then the little window just click Yes and the setting will be made permanent.