Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Heavily Infected Laptop

• Please log in to reply

Charliee03

Charliee03

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Ive been trying to install Malwarebytes or anything for that matter onto my friends infected laptop and its really infected! To the point I cant do anything to attempt to fix it. I turn it on and the start menu an desktop flicker on then fade right away an their gone all that pops up is a fake Spyware program XP Antivirus an its trying to get me to buy it along with a windows error IAPRO.exe over and over and over again. The start menu never comes up again

TW / I cannot get into safe mode at all the blue screen of death comes up with a message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

How do I start to remove all these nasty threats ? B

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP
Try Kaspersky's bootable CD from:

http://www.askvg.com...ure-and-others/

It's an iso file so you need to do a disk copy (from image) to get it to work then boot off it (you may have to go into Setup to get it to change the boot Order so that it looks at the CD/DVD first). It will scan your PC and fix a lot of things plus allows you to move files around.

Also get PC Regedit
from the link on the lower half of this page:
http://www.raymond.c...ing-in-windows/

The page explains how to use it to fix a no logon condition. In your case netsky usually messes winlogon too but if userinit looks normal then check the value of shell which should be explorer.exe.

If you get into the registry you might as well check a few more typical infection points:

From a recent post we can see these Netsky infection points in an OTL log:

O4 - HKLM..\Run: [notepad] C:\WINDOWS\System32\notepad.DLL (Microsoft)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [tqammy] C:\WINDOWS\System32\msaouahn.DLL (USA)

O4 - HKLM..\Run: [vodifatun] C:\WINDOWS\System32\guyewijo.DLL ()
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [winupdate86.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\winupdate86.exe (cLAeVTkp)

(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run)

O4 - HKCU..\Run: [notepad] C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\ntload.dll (Microsoft)

(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run )

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: (yebesuna.dll) - C:\WINDOWS\System32\yebesuna.dll ()
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: (c:\windows\system32\guyewijo.dll) - C:\WINDOWS\system32\guyewijo.dll ()

(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows)

O20 - HKLM Winlogon: Shell - (Explorer.exe) - C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
O20 - HKLM Winlogon: UserInit - (C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon86.exe) - C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon86.exe (cLAeVTkp)

(HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit)

O21 - SSODL: luvehihoy - {5fb9c357-8436-4f7d-b86f-4c3d6ef35eec} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\guyewijo.dll ()

(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad )

O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: {5fb9c357-8436-4f7d-b86f-4c3d6ef35eec} - kupuhivus - C:\WINDOWS\system32\guyewijo.dll ()

(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler)

O32 - AutoRun File - [2009/12/21 11:30:12 | 00,034,308 | -H-- | M] () - E:\autorun.exe -- [ FAT32 ]

(possible infected file on USB drive or external drive)

NetSvcs: BtwSrv - C:\WINDOWS\system32\BtwSrv.dll (FTD2XX Software Technology)
NetSvcs: Iprip - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ipripv32.dll ()

These last two will mess up your internet. See:

http://www.threatexp...74451a9e6c0b5ef

http://www.quickheal....Agent2.kuz.asp

If in doubt compare to a working system.

Ron