Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Rorschach112 asked me to ask here for help

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi you guys, I had another thread regarding the google redirect virus, and at some point while I was fixing it, after I rebooted my computer something happened and deleted all my network connections, changed my taskbar to like a Windows 98 one, and won't let me system restore.

Original Thread: http://www.geekstogo...ml#entry1743084

So I'm hoping someone here can help me fix up my net access, cause that's what Rorschach needed me to fix first.

I can't connect to the internet on that computer (currently using a laptop), and I can't system restore or use the help and support tab. I don't have a windows CD :/

Hoping someone can contact me soon, thanks :)

Edited by echang, 21 January 2010 - 06:42 PM.

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Have you tried the winsock fix?