Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

modzilla firefox browser

• Please log in to reply

marina21

marina21

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have downloaded fire fox 3.6 from modzilla web site and installed it on my pc windows xp service pack 3 after it finished downloading it asked me if I wanted to launch it I clicked ok. Nothing happened. I tried to launch it manually from the icon on my desk top nothing I mean nothing not even blinking or mouse cursor showing hour glass nothing happens. I removed it add remove programs and reinstalled it tried about 4 time still same what am I doing wrong. I have two other browsers Netscape and explorer both working fine.

Please help

Thank you in advance

Advertisements

goldhound

goldhound

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Have you tried Mozilla help forums?
Firefox help

Nosfearatu

Nosfearatu

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Sup.

I'll get that problem sometimes as well.

What I do to fix the situation is I open Windows Task Manage, click on the Processes tab, and then find "firefox.exe.".

Make sure "firefox.exe." is highlighted and click the End Process button.

Try and run the Firefox browser again and see if that doesn't help.

xblindx

xblindx

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

What I do to fix the situation is I open Windows Task Manage, click on the Processes tab, and then find "firefox.exe.".

Make sure "firefox.exe." is highlighted and click the End Process button.

Try and run the Firefox browser again and see if that doesn't help.

If you don't see firefox.exe running in task manager, try this.
Go to Start->Run And copy and paste the following into the run box (include the quotes)
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\Firefox.exe"
. Then click OK

Edited by xblindx, 24 January 2010 - 08:06 PM.

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Howdy marina21. :)

I would do what goldhound suggested; check out the Mozilla forums and perhaps contact customer support as it may be a relatively new error.

marina21

marina21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
ok i have tried both options and no help still same problem. i have unistaled it with revo and installed it again it instals but it will not launch after instal it askes you do you want to lauch i click yes and still nothing i did the task manager and start new enterd firefox.exe nothing start run C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\Firefox.exe still nothing it dosent even give me any error messages but it dose change my setting on internet exporer you know when you are instaling it you get ased do you want firefox to be your default browser i check yes after all that no strat i open iexplorer then i get asked iexplores is currently not set as your default browser would you like to change it. i dont get this what is going on. i am ready to throw in the towell and just use iexplorer or nescape that i have used in past. any other explorers/webbrowsers that you guys recomend

luckyyvt

luckyyvt

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Mozilla says to wait a few minutes and try again :S

cyberqueen

cyberqueen

• Pip
  • 2 posts
This is a somewhat farfatched possibility, but you say you downloaded the browser from the Modzilla website. If you really did download it from moDzilla and not mozilla, it's possible you downloaded something that isn't the real Firefox browser. Sometimes, malware sites create names very similar to the real program in the hope that you'll come to their site via a typing or spelling error or because you think that it says mozilla when it really says modzilla. If that's what happened to you, what you downloaded may have been malware rather than the real Firefox browser. Mind you, I don't know that that's what happened, but since no one can figure out why you're having the problems you are, I thought I'd raise this possibility. I hope I'm wrong.

kishorhackz

kishorhackz

• Pip
  • 6 posts
You have got 2-3 options :)

1. In run type in firefox.exe
which is similar to starting firefox.exe from task manager

2. try a Reinstall..!

3. Check for a Spyware..!

4. End Firefox.exe if its already in the process list..!