Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Explore.Exe- Applacation error

• Please log in to reply

jjmdos

jjmdos

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Op system- XP- Home edition

I can turn the computer on ,it will boot up just fine. I can go to log onto my user account, It will display this message (Explorer.Exe-applacation error as

the title in the header bar) the applacations failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142) and a blank desktop (my wall paper is there). I can press

ctrl+alt+del and log off. I can log back on with the same user account or using another user account and no probs. Then log off and back to mine with no

probs. If I restart the computer it will shut down due to pcu fan not running. I dd a virus scan with mc a fee no virus. Once I get logged on there is no

problems. After the compu is on for a period of time, I can shut the computer down and start back up again and works fine. Any suggestions? I hope that this

can be understood .Thanks.

I forgot to add it olny does this if the computer is shut down overnite or all day.

Advertisements

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Howdy jjmdos. :)

Let's run SFC and see if it works:

1. Go to Start > Run
2. Type in the box sfc /scannow
3. Press Enter

Let me know how that goes. :)

jjmdos

jjmdos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Howdy :)
It is funny I turned it on this evening and no problems????????????????????????????????? I still did what you said. After Windows file Protection was done the box dissapeared.
I would assume that all the window file are proper.

Thanks.

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Sounds good. :)

Let us know if it reappears. :)

jjmdos

jjmdos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
:) you bet I sure will. Started it up this morn. and still good. Thanks for all the help. I think it might have a mind of its own. LOL

Thanks again.

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

:) you bet I sure will. Started it up this morn. and still good. Thanks for all the help. I think it might have a mind of its own. LOL

Thanks again.

Not a problem. You are very welcome. :)

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts

If I restart the computer it will shut down due to pcu fan not running.

What is this all about?
Is this still happening?

If this is a desktop, have you cleaned the fans?
Are the fans spinning?
Are there any cables caught in the fans?

jjmdos

jjmdos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
It just started again, and yes it is a desktop. Yes I cleaned the fans, no cables in the fans.
I just turned it on and just started again. Log off of my account and onto a diffrent(the same diffrent account and no problems. Again Thanks.